Jobs for America Now is a nationwide campaign of more than sixty national groups and over 100 local and state organizations organizing to put America back to work. With record unemployment rates and double digit numbers in communities of color, current proposals coming from Washington lack the boldness needed to adequately address the job crisis.
NJCA has joined the Jobs for America Now coalition to build broad-base public support for a robust plan to put people back to work.
The Coalition Five-Point Jobs Plan:
- Provide relief through continued and expanded unemployment benefits, COBRA and SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program).
- Extend substantial fiscal relief to state and local governments.
- Create jobs that put people to work helping communities meet pressing needs, including in distressed communities that face severe unemployment.
- Invest in infrastructure improvements in schools, transportation and energy efficiency, thus providing jobs in the short run and productivity enhancements in the longer run.
- Spur private-sector job growth through innovative incentives and providing credit to small and medium-sized businesses
For more information, contact Ann Vardeman at 732-246-4772 ext. 13, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Jersey Citizen Action (NJCA), SEIU NJ, and the NJ Working Families Alliance gathered, on October 13th, near a structurally unsound bridge to highlight the need for investment in New Jersey's infrastructure.
"America's infrastructure is crumbling," said Lauren Townsend, Organizing and Advocacy Director of NJCA. The Morris Avenue (Route 82) bridge over the Rahway River is one of thousands of bridges throughout NJ and our nation that is in ill repair. Every day 28,471 cars travel over this bridge, yet it has structural problems and has not been inspected since July 2009.
Finish The Job On State Aid, Unemployment Insurance and COBRA Health Subsidies
CLICK HERE to Call Your Senators
The U.S. Senate is considering a bill that will extend Federal UI programs, extend increased federal Medicaid payments to states (FMAP) and give a much needed infusion of resources to the TANF Emergency Fund which has provided crucial support for low-income families and has led to the creation of over 180,000 jobs over the last year and half. However, due to a last-minute House compromise, the bill excludes extensions of COBRA health subsidies for the unemployed and much-needed aid to state governments through the Medicaid program (FMAP). We must ensure these necessary provisions are included in the final bill!
Ask Your Senators To Vote For The American Jobs and Closing Tax Loopholes Act In Order To:
- Extend UI/COBRA Benefits Until The End of The Year.
- Extend State Fiscal Relief (FMAP) For Another Six Months.
- Fund The TANF Emergency Fund Through FY 2011
CLICK HERE to Call Your Senators NOW (Toll-Free)!
Congress must work to lift our country out of the current jobs crisis. Congress must be bold and take action. Washington's current proposals are weak and do not go far enough in addressing the problems families are facing each and every day. Tell Congress they must do more and:
- Expand unemployment & COBRA benefits to assist workers who have lost their health insurance with their jobs;
- Provide fiscal relief for New Jersey;
- Create good public service jobs;
- Invest in our crumbling infrastructure; and
- Provide tax incentives to small and medium businesses to grow and expand.
America Needs a Jobs Bill Now!
Job for America Now is a nationwide campaign of more than sixty groups organizing to put America back to work. For more information, contact Ann Vardeman at 732-246-4772 ext. 13, or email@example.com, or visit jobs4americanow.org.